Thank you for your interest in applying to Making the Cut, Heidi Klum & Tim Gunn's fashion design competition show!
Please take a few minutes to scroll through this application before you get started. You will need to fill it out in one sitting and that can take up to an hour. We suggest you do it on a computer and not your phone. You must also have the following prepared and can read this entire application for more specifics. We also recommend first answering the questions in a word doc so that you have your answers saved and can simply copy and paste them, should this web page crash while you are completing it. WHAT YOU NEED SAVED TO YOUR DESKTOP BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY APPLY:
We are so excited to learn about you and your fashion designs! Please do not put off filling out this application - our casting process is quick so we want to hear from you TODAY!
If you have any questions at all, please reach out to email@example.com. Thanks!
Please check this box to confirm that you meet the following eligibility requirements. *
1. You must not be a national or legal permanent resident of any country or region subject to comprehensive sanctions administered by the US Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
2. You must be at least 21 years of age as of December 15, 2019.
3. To accept an invitation to be a participant on the Program, you must timely complete and return Program-related forms that will be furnished by Playroom Productions Inc. (“Producer”). Additionally, any offer to become a participant may be conditioned upon background checks as Producer may elect to conduct and/or submission to examinations by medical professionals selected by and paid for by the Producer and the certification that you meet all physical, psychological, background and travel requirements.
4. If you are selected as a participant on the Program, you must be willing and available to travel to Los Angeles, California, for a week in March, and then later for approximately two (2) months commencing approximately May 15, 2020 and continuing through approximately June 30, 2020, with the possibility of travel to several destinations outside the United States, and with potential for additional travel for up to two weeks at a later date in 2020. To the extent you are required by Producer to travel for the Program, economy travel to and from all destinations and accommodations at such locations will be provided for you by Producer.
5. You and your immediate family and household members must not be an employee, officer or director of Producer, Amazon Alternative LLC (“Network”), or any of their respective affiliate companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising agencies or any person or entity supplying goods or services for the program which is the subject of this Questionnaire. In addition, Producer and Network reserve the right to render ineligible any person that Producer and/or Network determines, in their sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production, administration, judging, or distribution of the Program such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety. Please disclose any such relationships here (if none, write “none”): *
The foregoing eligibility requirements may be amended, revised or changed at any time and in any fashion in Producer's and/or Network’s sole discretion.
Full legal name: *
Phone number: *
What is the best way to reach you? *
You are a legal resident of (country): *
Please list links to all of your social media accounts, especially those that highlight your most recent creations:
Other social media sites:
What is your website link?
Have you ever previously applied to appear on another unscripted show? *
If yes, which show(s)? How far did you get in the process?
Do you have a current passport? *
If yes, what country was that passport issued by?
If you have a passport, is it valid through Dec. 30th, 2020?
Please describe your travel experience: *
GETTING TO KNOW YOU:
Are you a fashion designer? *
If yes, how long have you been a fashion designer?
Do you design for your own label full time? If yes, what is the name of your label and how long have you been in business? *
Who do you typically design for? *
If both, which gender do you prefer to design for? If you design for only one gender, why? What do you think the challenges and rewards are of designing for each gender?
What is/are the area(s) of your expertise? Check all that apply to you: *
If needed, specify "other" here:
Do you make a living as a designer or is this a hobby? *
If you do not work solely as a fashion designer, how do you make a living or supplement your income?
If you work as a fashion designer, with your own line, what were your gross sales for your biggest year?
Have you ever worked or do you work currently for a designer or manufacturer? *
If yes, please list the designers/manufacturers and any and all positions you have held working for a designer or manufacturer to date. Please include your responsibilities and if it was a staff or intern position.
If it helps to answer the previous question, please upload your resume/CV here (not required).
Have you attended a fashion design school or a fashion program? *
If yes, what was the school and program that you attended? Did you graduate?
If you graduated, what was the name of the degree earned? If not, why did you leave the program?
If you answered "no" to the question #37, what is your fashion design background?
Do you know how to do the following? Please check all that apply to you. *
What is your highest level of education outside of fashion, where did you go to school? *
Name three designers/brands that you admire and why. *
What have you seen in your lifetime that has given you visual inspiration? (architecture, travels, books) *
Describe your design philosophy and point of view: *
What are your fashion design strengths? *
What are your weaknesses as a fashion designer? What would you like to improve on? *
What has been your fashion career high point thus far? *
Describe what makes you love being a fashion designer: *
Briefly describe your upbringing and family background: *
Briefly describe your current family and living situation: *
How would someone who really knows you describe your best and worst traits? *
What's the craziest thing you have ever done? *
What is the biggest obstacle you've had to overcome in life? *
Describe yourself as a competitor: *
Please use the following space to tell us anything else that you think we should know about you:
How did you hear that the show was casting? Please be specific. If online, which website? If in a social media post, whose? *
Please submit a close up photo of yourself: *
Please submit a full length photo of yourself: *
Please upload a “virtual portfolio” of your work (include as many of the following as apply):
a) photos of at least three but no more than ten of your completed designs (preferably shown on a model or dress form), marked with their dates of completion; include front, side, and back views; show a variety of looks for both day and evening if you have them.
b) images of detail work (e.g. beading, ruching, pleating, interesting seaming) that you have produced, if applicable.
c) images of your patterns if you work from them; some should be for the outfits pictured.
d) images of your sketches.
Please keep in mind that you can upload no more than 25 photos. *
Please upload a two to four minute video showing us yourself, your life and your fashion designs. Tell us what you love (or hate!) about fashion, why you have to be a fashion designer and why you want to compete on Tim & Heidi's show for Amazon! (if you shoot this on your phone, please turn your phone horizontally as you shoot this video.) **Please note that you cannot drag your video to this question for it to upload. Instead you should click on "upload a file" and select the video file to upload.** Thank you for taking the time to complete this application!
THE LEGAL DETAILS:
STATEMENT AND RELEASE
Please check this box and read, and then sign and date below: *
ACCEPTED AND AGREED:
I have signed this STATEMENT and RELEASE on (Day, Month, Year): *
Please sign below: *